Thursday, January 21, 2010

Britain's Best Dish - Will anyone be trying the squirrel pie ?

There's loads of them in my garden .................... I wouldn't even have to go to Tesco lol :-)Britain's Best Dish - Will anyone be trying the squirrel pie ?
I've never ate rat- so I wouldn't know !


However, Hedgehog is tasty cooked in an oven in the ground - apparently -according to some local children who had it with their BBQBritain's Best Dish - Will anyone be trying the squirrel pie ?
thanx 4 BA!

Report Abuse



I wouldn't Kirst No but I would try my hardest to make the pie and feed it to one of my cats Daisy. I have 3 Squirrel's who live in the tree at the bottom of my garden and they are forever terrorising her. My other cat Gizmo squares up to them so they leave him alone.
Have you eaten rat Kirst?... Yuk


Mind you I have a suspicion that I ate some kind of bush rat when I last went to Ghana. They told me I was eating ';Bush meat';...It didn't taste like anything I knew and I didn't like to ask exactly what it was...lol


It was quite tasty though.
With roasted veg....garlic...and basted from time to time...its lovely...





Trust me....my Great great grandparents were Romany Gypsies...





And they have a lovely recipe for Hedgehog too....





How do you think I get my *Romany Vibes* Kirst...????
The way the economy is going, we will all be trying it, ---roasted, boiled , and fried !!!
we also have loads in the garden-could never eat one- it would be like eating the neighbour's cat...





~x~
PASS on that one to close to nature and so cute to look at for me to even think that
They probably will do yes, but not me.
Awwww not me, Im a veggie ..... squirrels are lovely little animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment