Thursday, January 21, 2010

I want to plant a garden this summer but i have alot of squirrels in my yard?

i have a very large tree that the squirrles nest in. also my neighbor attracts them and feeds them. i would like to plant a garden this summer. do you have any tips or advice to keep them out of the garden?





someone told me that i could plant hot peppers outside of the garden and this would help. is there any truth to this? does building a fence work?I want to plant a garden this summer but i have alot of squirrels in my yard?
I have squirrels but they never bother my garden,rabbits will and a fence can keep them out but not squirrels,they can climbI want to plant a garden this summer but i have alot of squirrels in my yard?
Hi there


I feed all sorts of wild life in my garden including grey squirrels, birds and hedgehogs. I have noticed that the squirrels never dig in my garden as there is always ample food there. They do dig up bulbs in my neighbours garden.


Perhaps you should put ample food out for the creatures then there will be no need for them to dig up plants.


Best wishes from Sue
Forget the fence, it isn't going to keep the squirrels away.





Try the hot pepper planting. You could also sprinkle hot pepper around your garden. Re-sprinkle after a rain. Give it try, it might do the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment