Saturday, January 23, 2010

I FOUND A BABY SQUIRREL?

my dog found a baby squirrel and my dad just put it on a tree branch even though it was still alive and kicking its feet! Should i take it in and but it in something warm or should i just leave it alone on the tree branch? please help!I FOUND A BABY SQUIRREL?
If you don't see the mother squirrel right there -- take it in, keep it warm. You can even give it some milk to keep it hydrated. Then find a local wildlife rehabilitater. In Virginia, the wildlife rehab site gives you a 1-800 number to call and leave a message. Someone will then call you back and tell you where to take the squirrel. It's a system made up of all volunteers who do great work.





I did this a couple years ago, and the lady who took the squirrel from me was a retired veterinarian, and she showed me about 15 baby squirrels (including flying squirrels) that she was caring for.





I have also done this with a baby raccoon.








Good luck.I FOUND A BABY SQUIRREL?
yes. i just killed a baby squirrel yesterday because it was very sick.. so if i make you help this one it all evens out :)


wait a couple of hours to see if it is abandoned by its mother, if that is the case it doesn't have a chance, so you might as well help it.
Take it for a week then let it go because it would get to attached,I promised I had a squirrel pet.
my dad found a baby squirrel in a puddle he keeped it and then he let it free when he grew
leave it alone and let nature take it's course. they can bite and carry diseases
adopt it!!!
  • lush cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment