Friday, May 14, 2010

Vocal squirrel?

Yesterday I was walking the dog in woods and picking sloes when I heard loud ';Churr, Churr, Churr'; noises. Not recognising the sound, I looked up expecting to see a bird and saw a squirrel making threatening movements with a lot of tail-flicking and a real lot of noise! I see squirrels often, but don't remember hearing one make a noise before. Is this unusual? was I picking his sloes?


PS this is a UK grey sqirrel.Vocal squirrel?
It is not unusual! Squirrels make all kinds of different noises for social interactions. The squirrel you are talking about sounded a bit peeved about something. Maybe you WERE taking ';his'; sloes!


Check out the link if your really interested.Vocal squirrel?
Could well be, It must have been nice to get recognised as a fellow creature.





What were the sloes for?


.

No comments:

Post a Comment