Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Help! Squirrel attacked me this morning~WHY?

I had just gotten out of my car early this morning and started to make my way across the driveway when I heard something like a cross between a cat mewing and hissing. I didn't see anything, kept walking and all of a sudden a squirrel came rushing at me making these ugly noises and trying to bite me. I jumped on top of my car. The squirrel stayed on the edge of the driveway and whenever I attempted to get off the car, lunged at me. Within a minute or so, I had 7 squirrels around the car making horrible chatter and lunging at the car but never attempting to actually get onto it. I was scared out of my mind!





I have 4 large trees in front of my house that the squirrels hang out in apparently and now as soon as I try to leave out the front door, they race to the stoop!





I called animal care and control, but apparently they thought it was a joke and thentold me Chicago has no provisions for squirrel control.





Why are they doing this? I hate squirrels! How can I get rid of them?Help! Squirrel attacked me this morning~WHY?
It seems that they are a number of squirrels out there attacking people. There have been various articles on it. The squirrels may have rabies, so you should take care. You should try calling animal control again.Help! Squirrel attacked me this morning~WHY?
shoot them with a .22,.17, or a pellet gun

Report Abuse



Night if the Living Squirrels!!





They do have squirrel traps, my grandpa uses them all the time. Call around to your local Lowes or Home Depot, they might carry them.
They were probably a pack of rare Extremist Muslim Squirrels. Were they wearing little turbans on their head?
They might have babies close to where you were. They are very protective of their young. I have squirrels in my backyard and every spring they act like that when they have babies.
em pesky squarles got in some dem furmintid berrys thems som drunk squarls.
they are probably raising their young close by and are afraid you are getting too close. dont act afraid of them , shoo them away and keep walking . they are more afraid of you than you are of them
i hate them squirrels! once my baby brother was outside eating a pb%26amp;j sandwhich, and a squirrel jumped up and took it from him!
Squirrels are not out to get you. I would be really shocked if one of them even touched you. You are so much bigger than they are. Just don't worry about it. It was probably a coincidence that the one came running across the yard when you were there. There is no way that the squirrels are out to attack you.
Maybe it was rabid.
wear a dress the next time ,they were only after your nuts


this is normal squirrel behaviour
beebee gun


or


get a dog
Just set a squrirrel trap with some good nuts !!!
they could have rabies, but the easist way to get rid of them would be to call animal control saying that something more serious is there and when they see the squirrels are agressive, they'll shoot them.
wipe the nutella off before leaving the house.buy mace wimp
I don't know Natasha, ask Moose or Boris. :)
BB gun
It is spring, they probably have young nearby and are protecting them from you. Though I wouldn't think the entire squirrel community would get into that.
Aww, don't worry. My guess is that a Human had tried to harm the squirrel in a previous attempt and now it has a grudge to all Humans?
A bb gun would be cruel and I've seen squirrels survive several 22 slugs, better go with a shotgun. They may have young, we had a similar situation on my back deck. Unfortunately they will likely keep coming back. ';What are you prepared to do?'; Use a shotgun ';Dat's The Chicago way.';
Hahaha u made my day... funny story thanks =-]
your a nut
~rat traps~
a rifle will do the trick...or maybe a blowdart...whichever suits you best

No comments:

Post a Comment